Friday 8 May 2015

A big stash of Cross stitched cards from 2014

Hello everyone,

This week I thought I would show a bunch of cross stitched cards I finished off last year. I couldn't post them up until they were all sent though. :p I'd hate to spoil the surprise for my friends and family.
All of these designs are from the book: Two-Hour Cross-Stitch 515 Fabulous designs

I wrote a review of this book in an earlier post. Heres a link if you want to check it out:
http://buzybobbins.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/craft-book-review-two-hour-cross-stitch.html




This is a collection of flower themed cards. A few of these cards are reserved for my Nan, Mum and Stepmum but the rest are 'emergency cards'. Does anyone else have those times when you realize you just haven't stitched a card but have no time to quickly make one? After a few of those times I always make a couple of spare cards in each batch just in case.

In this batch of cards you can see a couple examples of the patterns which are quick to stitch because they make effective use of un-stitched space within the pattern. For example the tulip on the pink card at the top and the blue flower in the bottom right.  In these patterns you just stitch the outlines of the flowers without spending the extra time filling them in. They look really effective and can create a bigger card with no extra time than the smaller, more detailed flowers.



I just love the animal designs in this book. The bunnies and cats are my particular favourites.
In the book the rabbit pattern on the left is just a simple plain pink but with a plain pattern like this variegated thread really makes a great effect.
I may try that black cat pattern again in a variegated thread, maybe a nice orange colour so that it looks like a ginger cat.

I also sewed a number of the Christmas patterns in this book and made up the cards for them for last Christmas. Heres a link to the post: http://buzybobbins.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/my-stash-of-cross-stitched-christmas.html

 For the Buzy Bobbins Index page Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.