Friday 4 October 2013

Spike the Dog from Equestria Girls Cross stitch design

Spike the Dog from Equestria Girls Cross stitch design



Colour Used in these areas: DMC Number Anchor Number
Black Used on eyes and nose 310 403
White Used on eyes, teeth, collar and nose 5200 1
Dark green Outline on crest on head 699 923
Mid green Eyes, crest on head and outline on stomach 702 226
Light green Main colour of stomach and crests on side of head 472 254
Very light green Highlight on eyes. Outline of crests on side of head bottom of jaw 504 1042
Light Purple Spots on Spikes back 211 103
Purple Main body colour 3608 96
Dark purple Outline of main body 327 100
Pink Tongue 963 23
Dark Pink Inside mouth and center of collar charm 893 41
Blue Collar 820 134
Yellow Charm on collar 445 288
Dark yellow Charm on collar outline 832 907

This design was drawn originally with Anchor colours in my cross stitch design program. Use Anchor threads to get the closest match to the picture. I used a conversion chart to get the DMC numbers.
Please let me know if any colours are off and I will amend them in the chart.

There are quite a few colours in this design but believe it or not my first draft of this pattern actually contained far more colours which I tried to reduce as much as I can to make it easier to sew. So the colours are not 100% accurate to the film but close enough to avoid several more shades of green/purple.

Heres a design for Spike the Dragon who has been Transformed into Spike the Dog (oops sorry if that was a spoiler for anyone) from the My Little Pony Film Equestria Girls.

Spike looks so cute as a dog. I do wonder if they will bring out some plushtoys of this character I think it would be great.
I did find this wonderful plushie of him on Deviantart http://www.deviantart.com/?q=spike+the+dog+plush#/art/Spike-dog-plush-374420866?_sid=741dada5 and it is just so adorable.


I shall be adding links to more Equestria girls cross stitches once I finish drawing them. Phew they are much harder to draw in human form than in pony form.

Spike and characters from Equestria Girls and My little Pony: Friendship is Magic belong to Hasbro. This is fan art for other cross stitching fans of the show to share.I claim no rights to the character.

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Cross stitch designs

Fluttershy in Fall formal dress

For more My Little Pony Cross stitch designs here are some links:
Cutie Mark collection 1: Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie Pie
Cutie Mark collection 2: Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash
Cutie Mark Collection 3 - Cheerilee, Big Mackingtosh and DJ Pon3

Twilight Sparkle as a Filly
Daring Doo
Derpy Hooves sitting
Applejack as a Filly
Derpy Hooves Flying
Rainbow dash at the Hearth's warming Eve pagean
Fluttershy as a filly
Rarity in a blue and yellow Canterlot dress
Nightmare Moon - storybook
Derpy Hooves Cushion and card (valentines themed)
Mare do well
Golden Harvest/Carrot Top
The Great and Powerful Trixie
Lyra Heartstrings running
Filly Applejack Standing
Zecora the Zebra
Flutterbat
Pinkie pie in a chicken suit
Princess Candence Happy
Gummy the Crocodile in a formal suit

For the Buzy Bobbins Index page Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.