Friday 22 June 2012

Sheffield Wednesday Logo Cross stitch design

Sheffield Wednesday Logo Cross stitch design



Colour DMC Number Anchor Number
Blue 995 410
White 5200 1

This design was drawn originally with Anchor colours in my program. Use anchor threads to get the closest match. I used a conversion chart to get the DMC numbers.

Please let me know if any colours are off and I will amend them in the chart.  

I have a friend who used to live only a street away from the Sheffield Wednesday Football ground.

It was amazing to see the remains of a huge Sheffield Wednesday Owl which used to be painted over the side of a whole building. It was a two story house and the owl went almost to the roof. The owl had to be removed from the house but over the wall you can see a very faint outline where the owl was. Looking at it makes me think that whoever painted it spent many hours of love and determination to pull off such a feat.

I may end up sewing this design for my friend in Sheffield. However when I do I may regret the amount of Half stitches used in the design. Simply remember to count carefully like with full stitches and you cannot go wrong. Fans of the club will notice that there is normally a date on the bottom of the logo under the SWFC text. I have left this out of the design since this particular design is not very big (a large feature on a card sized) there was not room to put the date without it looking cluttered. However if you feel confident to add this detail youself the football fan you make this for will appreciate your attention to detail.

This is Fan art of the Sheffield Wednesday Logo. I do not own or claim to own the logo, it belongs to the football club. I simply wish to share a design for all of the Sheffield wednesday fans out there.

For more football themed counted cross stitch designs please follow the links here.
A Finished Arenal Logo cross stitch with Kits
Fullham FC cross stitched logo
Two boys playing Football Cross stitch design
Wolverhampton wanderers cross stitch design
 Tottenham Hotspur Logo
Norwich City Club logo  
Blackburn Rovers Logo
Nottingham Forest Club Logo
Swansea City logo
Aston Villa FC logo
Celtic FC club logo
West ham united
Stoke City logo

 For the Buzy Bobbins Index page Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.