Friday 5 June 2015

Kids counting animals: 11 slimy snails cross stitch design

Kids counting animals: 11 slimy snails cross stitch design



Colour Used in these areas: DMC Number Anchor Number
Black Outlines 310 404
Green Lettering 702 226
Grey Snail bodies 762 234
Brown Snail shells 720 326

This design was drawn originally with Anchor colours in my cross stitch design program. Use Anchor threads to get the closest match to the picture. I used a conversion chart to get the DMC numbers.

Please let me know if any colours are off and I will amend them in the chart.

Another Instalment of Kids animal counting, I forgot to draw them all in order but no matter. This is 11 slimy snails. This design uses french knots for the eyes of the snails but feel free to use seed beads or just stop at the backstitch if you don't feel confident with french knots.
Best of all this design uses only 4 colours of threads! The Letters can be any colour if you want to stitch it to match other decorations in a room. I chose this shade of green because it reminded me of the leaves in my garden where I normally find the snails hanging out.

I had so much fun drawing this design it was nice to imagine where all of the cute little snails would crawl about on the letters and have the L have a little bit bitten out of it. :)
This design was inspired by a friend of mine who just loves snails, she has sculptures of snails all over her house and even had a pet African land snail. Its surprisingly big compared to the teeny ones which live in my garden.
I think that this design may make a really cute picture to go on my friends wall if we can find a space between all of the other snail items. When making this one up I'd definitely use a nice light wooden frame so that the frame does not drown out the colours in the cross stitching itself.

If you want to see more of the Kids animal counting series check out the links here:

Counting themed designs
Kids animal counting: 1 Hippo
Kids animal counting: 2 Giraffes
Kids animal counting: 3 Monkeys


Kids Animal Counting: 8 Elephants

Kids animal counting: 12 Pawprints

 For the Buzy Bobbins Index page Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.