Saturday 9 February 2019

Cute Skull and cross bones in red and black heart cross stitch design

Cute Skull and cross bones in red and black heart cross stitch design


Thread numbers

Colour Anchor Colour DMC Colour
White 1 5200
Black 403 310
Red 334 606

This design was originally drawn in Anchor colours and a conversion chart was used to get the DMC thread numbers. For the closest match to the picture please use Anchor colours.


Hello everyone,

This simple motif has been designed with clothing patches or Halloween cards in mind. With only three thread colours and whole stitches only it could even be used as a simple yet bold decoration when sewn on to plastic canvas.

I know its a bit early for Halloween right now but I love all things to do with the season and couldn't resist posting a small design for anyone like me who can't wait to get crafting some decorations. Plus its a heart shape I can pretend its for Valentines day :)

Maybe I'm showing my age but I do recall this style of design being very popular when I was a teenager. We often used to mix skulls and bright colours together to create bold but slightly gothic looks. I even embroidered such a design on to one of my denim jackets long ago.

Much love and happy stitching
Gemma xx


For more designs suitable for Halloween here are some links:



Halloween

Simple sweet themed Trick or Treat Bag
I Love my Mummy simple Halloween motif
Pumpkin Alphabet
Jack O' Lantern Coaster designs for Halloween
Cute ghost coming out of a pumpkin
Cute cat in a pumpkin
Cute ghost giving a gift
Happy Ghost at a gravestone
Halloween Haunted house silhouette cross stitch design
Pentagram for Altar cloth
Butterfly inspired sugar skull cross stitch design
Witches bookshelf - small bookmark cross stitch design
Sad ghost at a gravestone
Simple scary skull cross stitch for Halloween Trick or Treat bags
Sugar Skull cross stitch design template

For more valentines day designs:

For more card sized motifs :



Motif collections



For the Buzy Bobbins Index page Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.